Open Faculty Positions in ESE
Multiple Faculty Positions
The School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Pennsylvania is growing its faculty by 33% over a five-year period. As part of this initiative, the Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering is engaged in an aggressive, multi-year hiring effort for multiple tenure-track positions at all levels. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related area. The department seeks individuals with exceptional promise for, or proven record of, research achievement, who will take a position of international leadership in defining their field of study and who will excel in undergraduate and graduate education. Leadership in cross-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary collaborations is of particular interest. We are interested in candidates in all areas that enhance our research strengths in:
- Nanodevices and nanosystems (nanoelectronics, MEMS/NEMS, power electronics, nanophotonics, nanomagnetics, quantum devices, integrated devices and systems at nanoscale);
- Circuits and computer engineering (analog, RF, mm-wave, digital circuits, emerging circuit design, computer engineering, IoT, beyond 5G, and cyber-physical systems);
- Information and decision systems (control, optimization, robotics, data science, machine learning, communications, networking, information theory, signal processing).
Prospective candidates in all areas are strongly encouraged to address large-scale societal problems in energy, transportation, health, agriculture, food and water, economic and financial networks, social networks, critical infrastructure, and national security. We are especially interested in candidates whose interests are aligned with the school’s strategic plan, https://www.seas.upenn.edu/about/penn-engineering-2020/
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested persons should submit an online application and include curriculum vitae, research, teaching, and diversity statements, and at least three references.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to learn more about our faculty hiring initiative here.
- ESE Tenured or Tenure-track Faculty, Circuits & Computer Engineering (CCE), 2020 – 2021
- ESE Tenured or Tenure-track Faculty, Nanodevices & Nanosystems (Nano), 2020 – 2021
- ESE Tenured or Tenure-track Faculty, Information and Decision Systems (IDS), 2020 – 2021
Review of applications will begin on January 4, 2021.
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class. Questions or concerns about this should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).